For free: Xeon CPUs + motherboards
John Edwards
2012-04-11 15:34:43 UTC
Hi

We have a couple of Pentium 4 era Xeon CPUs, copper heatsinks, RAM and
motherboards that are looking for a good home. Just the components, no
cases or other parts.

I think the specs are:

CPU = 2x Xeon 2.8GHz
RAM = 2GB (4x 512MB) 400Mhz DDR2 ECC RAM
Motherboard = Supermicro X6DH8-G

CPU = 2x Xeon 2.8GHz
RAM = 1GB (2X 512GB) 333Mhz DDR2 ECC RAM
Motherboard = Supermicro X6DHE-G2

They have an old version of IPMI that has a serial console, but no
KVM (so not good for Windows).

The CPUs do not support hardware virtualisation, and the motherboards
are extended ATX so will need a large case.

They might be useful to someone who needs to test things on a 64-bit
dual-Xeon machine. Otherwise they are off to Silicon Heaven.

Email if you are interested. Pick up near Chiswick railway station.
| John Edwards Email: ***@cornerstonelinux.co.uk |
Chris Bell
2012-04-11 17:01:01 UTC
On Wed 11 Apr, John Edwards wrote:
Hi

We have a couple of Pentium 4 era Xeon CPUs, copper heatsinks, RAM and
motherboards that are looking for a good home. Just the components, no
cases or other parts.

Hello John,
Unless someone else needs them, yes please, I have suitable cases.
--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk

John Edwards
2012-04-11 17:18:21 UTC
Hi

A few corrections and updates:

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 04:34:43PM +0100, John Edwards wrote:
<snip>
Post by John Edwards
CPU = 2x Xeon 2.8GHz
RAM = 2GB (4x 512MB) 400Mhz DDR2 ECC RAM
Motherboard = Supermicro X6DH8-G
CPU = 2x Xeon 2.8GHz
RAM = 1GB (2X 512GB) 333Mhz DDR2 ECC RAM
Motherboard = Supermicro X6DHE-G2
<snip>

It is possible that some of the RAM is DDR instead of DDR2. But
whatever it is, it works in the motherboard in which it's sitting.

The CPUs are likely to be "Nocona" Socket 604 Xeons:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Xeon_microprocessors#.22Nocona.22_.2890_nm.29

Lastly the motherboards do not have anti-static bags (too big
for any spares we have). So you may want to bring your own.
| John Edwards Email: ***@cornerstonelinux.co.uk |